2017 Scenic Bikeway Event Rides
Want a chance to check out five of Oregon’s unique Scenic Bikeways – and enjoy them in the company of fellow riders, with organized support? Local proponent groups have organized rides this spring and summer for the Oregon Outback, Old West, Cascade Siskiyou, Blue Mountain Century and Cascading Rivers Scenic Bikeways.
Oregon’s Scenic Bikeways are the most beautiful road riding in the state, and these rides offer a great opportunity to experience them. Join a small group of riders on one or more of these routes – you’ll get full support, meals, SAG wagons and even accommodations. All rides are organized by the local proponent groups, and most have a limit of 50 riders, with some exceptions.
Here’s the menu of 2017 rides:
- Old West Tour, June 8-11. This three-day, 199-mile ride includes accommodations, support vehicles and most meals. For more information or to register, go here.
- Up and Down Ride on the Cascade Siskiyou, July 22. This ride offers two options: one on the Scenic Bikeway route, and one that adds some challenging extra miles. A barbeque lunch will be served after the ride. For more information or to register, head here.
- Oregon Outback’s Tour de Outback, Aug. 5. This year’s Tour de Outback offers three mileage options and a free kid’s fun ride. Longer routes include SAG support and an after-ride meal. Register by calling 541-947-6040 or by emailing email@example.com.
- Blue Mountain Century Annual Ride, Sept. 16-17. This year’s two-day ride includes SAG support, rest stops and a gourmet dinner on Saturday night. To register, call 541-676-5546 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cascading Rivers Ride, Sept. 16-17. This event offers a 12-mile family ride, a 77-mile “spa ride” to Bagby Hot Springs (including a massage!), a choose-your-distance ride and the two-day Killer Fang Ride that traverses the entire bikeway, 72 miles each way. For the two-day event, your luggage is transported for you, and all meals are provided. Register here.