BRMBA Build Day (Falls City)
February 9, 2013 from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
From Falls City:
* Drive west on main road through town.
* Bear right before bridge onto Mitchell (do not cross bridge).
* Continue up short hill, turn left onto dirt road and mark your odometer.
* Follow river about 3 miles. DRIVE CAREFULLY – this is Black Rock Road, used for logging operations.
* Turn right just past “Camp Tapawingo” sign.
* Continue about 250 yards, crossing over bridge, and park at small area to right (do not drive past the gate, even if it is open).
You’ll see a wooden Black Rock Trail sign. See trail map for details about where to ride! Have fun!
We will have build days every month during alternating Saturdays and Sundays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Riders who plan to ride afterwards can ride their bikes into basic training and get a lift up to the work site. Others who aren’t bringing their bikes can drive to basic training. We really need a strong showing this year to repair this year’s impact to the trail system and to ensure future shuttle days. We have some tools to provide people with, but bringing your own shovel, hammer, rake, mattock, etc. will always help. Make sure to bring sturdy shoes and weather-appropriate clothing. We work rain or shine, but will cancel the event in certain weather conditions that are unsafe to the build crews.