NWTA & PDW Converge At Stub (Buxton)
May 20, 2017 from 8:30 am - 2:00 pm
In Oregon, a bicycle is legally considered a vehicle, and the same Oregon road laws apply. Please “be seen” and practice safe riding. Vehicle traffic, farm equipment and narrow shoulders exist on many Oregon roads, and you may find that construction projects, traffic or other events may cause road conditions or signage to differ from the map results, ride descriptions and directions. For travel options plus weather and road conditions, visit tripcheck.com, call 511 (in Oregon only), 800.977.6368 or 503.588.2941. Routes listed on this website are for informational purposes and intended as a reference guide only.
Get directions on Google Maps
This May 20th trail project is a GO!!! It will be large trail project with about 80-100 volunteers building new sections of trail at Stub Stewart.
SIGN UP is open now
Possible projects being considered include:
1) A major trail re-route of the Williams Creek Trail, which is a “connector” trail from the existing mountain bike area over to the future South Stub Expansion (Phase 2 of the MTB area)
2) A new beginner mountain bike loop near the entrance of the MTB Area
3) A new freeride trail
Project specifics and logistic are TBD
Items confirmed: date, sponsors, and that it will be an outstanding event.
Special note – Every year Portland Design Works (PDW) selects one trail they focus their efforts on. Last year it was Falls Creek (a big trail project and campout). For 2017, PDW selected Stub. On behalf of all who ride Stub, we are excited about partnering with PDW.
Things to look forward to:
– PDW is providing the tasty grub
– HUB Brewing is providing the tasty beverages
– Sponsors such as Fat Tire Farm are donating swag for the volunteer raffle