NWTA Stub Stewart – Work Party / Bridges (Buxton)
January 7, 2017 at 8:45 am
In Oregon, a bicycle is legally considered a vehicle, and the same Oregon road laws apply. Please “be seen” and practice safe riding. Vehicle traffic, farm equipment and narrow shoulders exist on many Oregon roads, and you may find that construction projects, traffic or other events may cause road conditions or signage to differ from the map results, ride descriptions and directions. For travel options plus weather and road conditions, visit tripcheck.com, call 511 (in Oregon only), 800.977.6368 or 503.588.2941. Routes listed on this website are for informational purposes and intended as a reference guide only.
Get directions on Google Maps
STUB NEEDS LOVE –
To be able to ride Stub through the winter we need to do trail maintenance now.
Work to be done:
– Blowing organic material off of the trail (note- need backpack blowers)
– Clearing drainage
– Do some dirt work in the Freeride area
– As a BONUS project (if we have enough volunteers) we will transport materials to bridge sites to aid with completing the ramps for trailbridge access.
We have installed new bridges and need help doing the finishing work on the Ramps.
BRIDGE To do List:
– Hike the metal cages (gabions) which will be filled with rock
– Start hauling in rock w/ wheelbarrows
– Start doing dirt work to connect the new bridge to the trail
Note – our main goal is ‘trail maintenance’ but if we get enough volunteers we can start working on the bridge ‘ramp’ projects.
The sooner we get this work done the sooner we can ride it.
Date: Saturday, January 7th, 2017
Meeting Time (sign in): 8:45 AM
Meeting Location: Stub Stewart Visitor Center
Please RSVP so we can plan the logistics for the day.
Crew leader / organizer is Daniel Katten with the NWTA’s Westside Trail Federation volunteer crew.
Action Plan: 8:45am Volunteer sign-in will be at Welcome Center within L.L. Stub Stewart State Park. We’ll leave from there to go to the project site.
Tools provided. Bring weather appropriate clothing/gear.