Mulligan/Necanicum ML Loop (Seaside)
Trailhead Elevation: 6 ft
In Oregon, a bicycle is legally considered a vehicle, and the same Oregon road laws apply. Please “be seen” and practice safe riding. Vehicle traffic, farm equipment and narrow shoulders exist on many Oregon roads, and you may find that construction projects, traffic or other events may cause road conditions or signage to differ from the map results, ride descriptions and directions. For travel options plus weather and road conditions, visit tripcheck.com, call 511 (in Oregon only), 800.977.6368 or 503.588.2941. Routes listed on this website are for informational purposes and intended as a reference guide only.
1) Start at the Seaside Visitor Bureau and head South on Hwy 101.
2) Continue south heading out of Seaside to the Junction for Portland/Cannon Beach. Follow the Cannon Beach – Hwy 101 South route.
3) After about a half mile there is a forestry road and gate on the left (East) side of the hwy. Go through the gate and head uphill fairly steeply. Continue heading uphill to the top of the ridge following the Mulligan road (just keep heading uphill). After reaching the crest move along and around the ridge.
4) Take a right at the triangular junction for a winding route prior to heading down hill. Follow the decent to the valley below and the river.
5) At the Hwy 26 gate cross over to the left.
6) Take a right after a few hundred yards at Kloochy Creak Picnic Area.
7) At the end of the picnic area, take a left through the gate and follow the obvious forest road. Continue on the road heading left at all major intersections, crossing over some streams tiil you reach the bridge just prior to Beerman Creek Rd.
8) Just after the bridge, go left and down the forest road then through the gate to Beerman Creek Rd.
9) Follow the road till you reach Hwy 101 then head North (right) back the the Seaside Visitor Bureau.
Tips: As always…..make sure you take water, food, a helmet, cell phone and a Campbell Group forestry map.