The Bike Concierge
Bike Friendly Business
In Oregon, a bicycle is legally considered a vehicle, and the same Oregon road laws apply. Please “be seen” and practice safe riding. Vehicle traffic, farm equipment and narrow shoulders exist on many Oregon roads, and you may find that construction projects, traffic or other events may cause road conditions or signage to differ from the map results, ride descriptions and directions. For travel options plus weather and road conditions, visit tripcheck.com, call 511 (in Oregon only), 800.977.6368 or 503.588.2941. Routes listed on this website are for informational purposes and intended as a reference guide only.Get directions on Google Maps
The Bike Concierge offers custom tours, touring classes, SAG support, emergency support and more.
For 2017 they are adding a series of small-group, fully supported tours. They include:
- Old West Bikeway (June 3-7) – departing from Portland, the trip includes a shuttle to and from the route, three days of riding, porter service for camping and a night at a rustic lodge.
- Cairo to Rome (Aug. 14-18) – departing from Portland, this gravel-bike trip takes you into the remote stretches of southeastern Oregon, where you’ll see the Perseid Meteor Shower from one of the most lightless places in the U.S. A naturalist will be along to offer insights every day on this 3-day, 136-mile odyssey.
- Christmas (Valley) in July (July 23-29) – this trip features a different ride each day from a base camp in Christmas Valley, plus walking/hiking and even dinner at the famed Cowboy Dinner Tree.
- Heart of Oregon Ghost Towns (May 13-18) – a 7-day/6-night tour with a mix of paved and gravel roads, this route spotlights ghost towns, homesteads and pieces of three Scenic Bikeways.
- Wallowa Wander (June 16-20 and Aug. 27-31) – A three-day, 133-mile ride that’s perfect for people who may be new to touring, this route has only moderate hills and a net downhill each day – plus it goes through some of the most beautiful scenery in Oregon!
- Loving Life in Lakeview (June 25-July 1 and Sept. 24-30) – this hub-and-spoke tour departs from Portland and sets up “glamp” in Lakeview, radiating out in different directions each day – and road, mountain and fat bikes are all supplied, so you can choose your routes.
Contact Thom or Shelley Batty through the company website for more information or to register.
Bike Friendly Amenities:
- Bike Mechanic
- Bike Parking
- Bike Rentals
- Bike Tours
- Complimentary Tools/Supplies
- Complimentary Water
- Floor Pump
- Public Restroom
- Shuttle Service