Monmouth to Helmick Park – West Loop
In Oregon, a bicycle is legally considered a vehicle, and the same Oregon road laws apply. Please “be seen” and practice safe riding. Vehicle traffic, farm equipment and narrow shoulders exist on many Oregon roads, and you may find that construction projects, traffic or other events may cause road conditions or signage to differ from the map results, ride descriptions and directions. For travel options plus weather and road conditions, visit tripcheck.com, call 511 (in Oregon only), 800.977.6368 or 503.588.2941. Routes listed on this website are for informational purposes and intended as a reference guide only.
|Start east on Main St W||0.2 miles (392 meters)|
|Turn right on OR-194 W/Monmouth Hwy/Whitman St S||0.3 miles (445 meters)|
|Head south on OR-194 W/Monmouth Hwy/Whitman St S||0.6 miles (975 meters)|
|Head west on OR-194 W/Monmouth Hwy||6.1 miles (9821 meters)|
|Continue southwest on OR-223 S/SW Fairview Ave||1 miles (1593 meters)|
|Head southeast on Airlie Rd/Old Kings Valley Rd||4.9 miles (7807 meters)|
|Continue east on Airlie Rd/Suver Rd||7.3 miles (11734 meters)|
|Turn left on OR-99W N/S Pacific Hwy W||0.2 miles (297 meters)|
|Head north on OR-99W N/S Pacific Hwy W||0.8 miles (1240 meters)|
|Continue north on Helmick Rd||6.2 miles (9927 meters)|
|Continue north on Warren St S||0.1 miles (180 meters)|
|Continue north on Warren St S||315 feet (96 meters)|
|Turn right on Main St E||0.2 miles (326 meters)|
Monmouth to Helmick Park and back is straight and short; this loop adds some spice – and climbing.
- Start at the Monmouth City Park, off Main St.
- Turn right on Main St. heading west
- Turn left on Whitman St.
- Curve right; becomes Monmouth Highway
- Turn left on Kings Valley Highway (Highway 223)
- Cross Little Luckiamute River
- Turn left on Airlie Road, ride through the town of Airlie
- Turn left on Highway 99W
- Turn left on Helmick Road (parallels Highway 99W)
- Turn left on Helmick State Park (rest stop – toilets)
- At V intersection, follow Warren St.; becomes Knox St.
- Turn left on Main St. – end
Motorized Vehicle Traffic: Light to moderate